Tuesday, January 04, 2011

My New Exercisin' Self + How to Be More Like Moi

Charlotte Is A Walking, Talking Jane Fonda Fitness Video

Well, not exactly. But if you have been following me on Twitter, you know by now, I have joined a gym. Currently, I am the size of a very fragile toothpick. My new gym is very ritzy and I love both working out and relaxing in the steam room. There are chandeliers (seriously!), the music is great, and everything is spotless.

Exercising is not all fun though. I planned on exercising as my big New Year's Resolution. My resolution was not to become as tall as a palm tree or appear in ad campaigns. Yesterday, there was this Amazonian model in the locker room who kind of stunned me, and not in a good way. I watched my ego shrivel, in utter horror. Girls, I think I trembled. I'm sorry. (Reminder: ask gym management to please hide the models in the broom closet.)

Luckily, for me, my new workout regimen is about health, and not appearances. Also, soon I will be just as toned as the Barbie-like ladies who frequent my sportif exercise palace! If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

***
Copy Charlotte

The luxury e-tailer Gilt Groupe has been on the same page as Eyeshadow Government, like, all week. On Thursday, Gilt will launch its second ever site-wide fitness event in partnership with Self magazine.

If you haven't started your New Year's Resolution yet, check out some of the great exercise apparel and shoes, the DVD by celebrity fitness expert Tracy Anderson, and the Sports Club LA deal on Gilt CITY.

Watching DVDs is an excellent way to get comfortable with the idea of exercising, and complements a gym workout too.

Click here to join Gilt and gain exclusive access to this event: www.gilt.com/self

**
P.P.S. If you accidentally joined a gym in SoHo and experience similar supermodel-in-the-locker-room problems, let's bond over ice cream sometime.

No comments: