Monday, January 10, 2011

Brown Eyed Girl

Hello gals,

Air kisses! Never be boring!


Today's look: I am wearing a melange of brown and silver eye shadows on my eyelids only. I applied a brown eye shadow across most of the lid, but stopped two-thirds of the way across, and filled in the rest of the blank area (closest to my nose) with a silver shadow. Blend the two shades, so it won't look blocky. This go-anywhere look is pretty for daytime and night.

Products to use: Smashbox Eye Shadow in Sable ($16, Sephora) and the silver shade in T. LeClerc's Eyeshadow Duo in Perle ($26, Barneys).

***

My inspiration: This weekend, I was out with new friends when Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl" popped on the stereo. I once had an amigo who told me the song was about his aunt, and I remember thinking that this was very likely. He had a very relaxed and positive "aura."

Hey where did we go,
Days when the rains came
Down in the hollow,
Playin' a new game,

Laughing and a running hey, hey
Skipping and a-jumping
In the misty morning fog with
Our hearts a-thumpin' and you
My brown eyed girl,
You my brown eyed girl.

No comments: