Monday, April 25, 2011

Hello, My Little Chickadees

Greetings!

 I celebrated Easter at a friend's apartment yesterday. She and her roommates had cooked a huge brunch with lots of fruit salad, blueberry muffins, savory quiche, and mimomas.  We stuffed ourselves and broke open many Kinder Surprises. (I got a plastic puppy that fit into the tiny rectangular coin pocket in your jeans, that you never know how to use.)

Everyone was wearing pretty floral dresses, but I guess I forgot about that part. Oops. Anyway, I had on a pretty embroidered top with gold threads, no less. For makeup, I used just a touch of berry-colored lipstick, dredged up from the depths from my purse. Honestly, the shade wasn't exactly right, so if I were to do it all over again, I would wear Nars lipstick in Mayflower ($24), which is a sheer berry color as well, instead. Anyway, I worked with what I had around by adding a bit of the rockin' Jurlique Love lip balm ($6.50) for moisture.

Today, normal eggs appeared infinitely less appealing after seeing so many chocolate ones.



The Mayflower is a lipstick and a ship.

P.S. You can keep in the Easter spirit with Lush's Avobath bomb ($6.25), which turns water a shocking springtime green. The avocado and lemongrass oil also leaves your skin and hair extra-soft.




No comments: