Monday, April 11, 2011

Beauty Tip: Purple Mascara Adds Oomph

I recently read a makeup artist say that he first learned about the benefits of purple mascara from Madonna. If anyone knows about controlling her image and looking fabulous, it is the one and only Miss M.

You can wear purple mascara alone or over a coat of black mascara. Just let your black mascara dry first so you can see a bit of the purple! I love YSL's Mascara Singulier in #4 Deep Violet ($30, Sephora).

What's to adore?

This lush, posh mascara totally makes the color of my brown-hazel eyes pop.

Temptation struck at Sephora Times Square, and I couldn't resist. You can wear violet mascara with really bright pink lipstick for a look-at-me pop star effect, or keep things chill with a neutral, beige lip.



Burning makeup questions? Beauty dilemmas? Brilliant ideas of your own? Just e-mail eyeshadowgovernment [at] gmail.com to ask or dish.

No comments: