Thursday, February 03, 2011

Korres Wild Rose Mineral Foundation Review

Looking to change up your makeup routine? Try Korres Wild Rose mineral foundation ($28, Sephora).

I had an epic trip to Sephora this week and by the time I left, the employees probably wondered whether I was going to sleep there.  Of all the newer products I tried though, this one was probably the best.

The Korres mineral foundation is paraben-free, and I think the shades are quite flattering.  Hopefully, the range will expand to include an array of darker shades too. Right now, the deepest color is medium tan. Sometimes mineral powder appears a touch too yellow or too white on my skin, which is fair, but the Light shade worked really well for me.

It was easy to apply using i.d. bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper ($21) as a primer (old faithful) and the Sephora Collection Professional Bronzer Brush

TIP: Remember to dip the brush and then, tap any excess powder onto the lid or the top of your hand before applying mineral foundation to your face. If you forget to do this and end up with a powdery patch, don't fret! Just continue buffing and blending until it is evenly distributed.

A TOUCH OF SHINE: Finish by dabbing on Nars Orgasm Illuminator ($29, Sephora) on your cheeks, nose and forehead. This illuminator will give you a sun-kissed look.

No comments: