Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Cyndi Lauper Is Always Hot in My Book

I'm a huge fan of Cyndi Lauper, so I was sad to see her face appeared all red and blotchy in recent  photos. Her publicist confirmed today that her skin problem was caused by a bad reaction to a spa treatment. But you know what? Her skin should recover soon enough. 

We know she's a tough broad. It could happen to anyone. Bad spas, bad dermatologists happen.

As for myself, I am extremely picky about what spas I go to, and this news made me realize my own criteria are kind of random. I live in Brooklyn and the main spa I  frequent is a) a go-to destination for upscale Brooklyn moms (I'm not a mom, but mothers are often very picky),  b) charges a lot for any skin-related treatment and c) has a flawless reputation. Every room is spotless and serene. Anyway, I had a good feeling about it, and it's working for me. The only products they use on me are by Jurlique or Dr. Hauschka, so I know there's no chance of a dramatic flare-up.

That said, if I travel into Manhattan or to another city for a treatment, the spa should have a recent thumbs up from W, Vogue, Condé Nast Traveler or be frequented by A-list celebrities. If not, don't touch my face (or yours!). Picky, yes. But better safe than sorry.

No comments: