1. Create your own mantra!
2. Wear as much makeup as you want. Wear heaps or none at all.
3. Tell naysayers to take a hike (politely, of course)!
4. Embrace freckles, wavy hair and comely curves. If you've got it, flaunt it.
5. Make your everyday look pop with a touch of metallic eyeliner.
6. Eat a healthy, balanced meal with fruit and vegetables today.
7. Take celebrities or leave 'em. So much of what they say to interviewers is pure invention.
8. Out with the old, and in with the new! Ditch stale lipstick and foundation, and freshen up your "makeup wardrobe" with lovely, new products.
On NYTimes.com: Lee McQueen, A Retrospective.
FIT student Johua Minni Wang made a cool sketch of an Oscar de la Renta runway look.
For recessionistas, Blogdorf Goodman posts drugstore deals and steals.
The caviar nail look kind of freaks me out. What do you think?