The grocery store is really not the most "fab" or "easy" place to buy beauty products, but I gave it a whirl in the basement of Whole Foods today. While other people were picking up gluten-free pizza and worrying about how to align their chakras, I was on a major quest to devise a holiday-ready natural beauty look!
I blithely ignored the more practical consumers surrounding me, and dived into all the great makeup and beauty products. Here is the result.
Jurlique's heaven-sent Rosewater Balancing Mist
Mineral Fusion Sheer Tint Base in Neutral
Mineral Fusion Pressed Base in Neutral 2
Dr. Hauschka Rouge Powder Accento 02
Mineral Fusion Eyeshadow Trio in Espresso Gold
1. First, prime your face with Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist. If your skin is a touch dry, I also recommend a solid moisturizer, such as Suki Balancing Day Lotion.
2. Next, apply Mineral Fusion Sheer Tint Base in a shade that matches your skin. I used the Neutral shade. Spread evenly and carefully across the face with your foundation brush, or fingers. Allow to set. Voila!
3. At this point, the coverage may seem minimal. I applied a few sweeps of the Mineral Fusion base powder with a cotton ball for good measure. This is up to you, ladies. (Maybe you don't wear as much foundation as Elizabeth Taylor, but lately, I do!)
4. Then, using a blush brush, sweep Dr. Hauschka's blush in Accento 02 across the cheekbone and on the apples of the cheek. The effect is just rosy!
5. Next, apply the light pink color in the Mineral Fusion Espresso Gold eyeshadow trio across the eyelids.
6. Now, smudge a bit of the smoky brown color in this trio on the outer corners of the eyelids for definition. So cute!
7. With an eyeliner brush, line the inner bottom eyelid with the gold shadow in the Mineral Fusion Espresso Gold trio. Also, you can add this shimmery gold shadow to the area right below your eyebrows too. Don't hold back!
8. Dip an eyeshadow brush in the smoky brown shade, and trace the top crease of the eyelids for extra drama.
End Result: A pretty, sparkly and lovely party-ready beauty look.
Do Tell: The best part is that it doesn't feel like you are wearing any makeup at all.
Tell Charlotte about your holiday plans, and she might just ask Santa to send you a present! Write to eyeshadowgovernment [at] gmail.com to enter this giveaway.