Friday, April 20, 2012

You Are What You Eat

Eating healthy definitely can boost your complexion. For radiant, luminous skin, a well-balanced diet is a must.


Today, I cooked up a healthy breakfast. Before I tasted this hot cereal, I thought I wouldn't enjoy it one bit. Sometimes I eat, errr, "things" just because I am just supposed to, but it turned out, this was not the case. The cereal was totally yummy and reminded me of the Thai sticky rice dessert that I sometimes like to order at restaurants.

Cook Organic 7 Grain Cereal from Whole Foods, or a natural food store. (Cost: $1.12 for a little bag from the bulk section at Whole Foods. This cereal contains organic wheat, cracked rye and flax seeds.) While the cereal is cooking, stir occasionally. Meanwhile, chop up bits of red chard leaves and delicious stalks. Then, add the chard leaves and the stalks. Pour about a few tablespoons of coconut milk into the cereal. This sweetens the cereal and the chard.  Finally, add a few pinches of turmeric and cinnamon.

Bon appetit!

No comments: