Saturday, May 28, 2011

Weapons for Looking, Uh...Hot

Hello to my wonderful followers, idols of paradise, and vexingly vain darlings,

I have so many things to tell you, so I am squeezing everything in my mind into one post:

HOT SKIN CARE PRODUCT

Eyeshadow Government gives two thumbs up to Lily. B Rose Hip-Infused Foaming Facial Wash, a superb solution for every skin type. This mild, paraben-free cleanser contains rose hip seed oil and seaweed extract, both natural antioxidants.  Rose hip seed oil nourishes and soothes the skin with Vitamin A, Vitamin C and omega fatty acids. Seaweed extract also is said to have anti-aging properties and I think helps your skin look its best. You can purchase this facial wash for $28 at Lilybskincare.com or Bloom.com.

BEAUTY FROM WITHIN

Often, we forget that pampering (such as going to the spa for a treatment or getting a pedicure) is not just an indulgence, but a ritual that we can either embrace or deny ourselves. If you are feeling burned out at school or work, making time for relaxation can help undo the effects of stress and offer a much-needed "time out."

Going to the spa is an investment in your overall health, and so if you don't already go, think of it as an important part of your schedule (errr, sort of like a dentist's visit but way more fun). To me, the benefits always outweigh the costs.

Also, there are always plenty of ways to relax and pamper yourself at home. For example, a light bulb went off in my head two days ago, and I tried using my Pure Life Soap Co. Volcanic Clay Facial Scrub ($10) as a body treatment. Although this scrub looks a bit like dirt, I bravely applied the mixture to my torso, legs and arms. The volcanic clay helped draw out toxins beneath the skin's surface, and left me feeling shiny and new. Another favorite product for relaxing at home is Mandy Aftel's Aftelier Perfumes Forest Flower bath oil (link to my rave review).

DISCO FEVER

Should you wish to appear enthralling, you must wear copper eye liner this weekend. Catch this trend while you can! Channel your Parisian alter-ego circa 1979! And in the meantime, if you took my advice and bought the Smashbox Softbox Eye Shadow Palette, this set has an excellent copper cream liner. If you prefer to use a pencil version, try Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Bronze #10L  or Hello Kitty Glittercute Eyeliner in Teapot (penny-colored + glittery).

Apply the eye liner above your upper lashes, and then line the inner part of your lower lashes too. Finish the look with jet black mascara and a rich burgundy lip.


XOXO,
Charlotte

Follow Eyeshadow Government on Twitter!

No comments: