Thursday, May 26, 2011

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Eyeliner Review

Hello my dearest and most glamorous dolphins,

Are you ready to go swimming? I hope so!

New Aqua eyeliners at The Makeup Show New York.

One must-have beauty item for making a splash this summer is a vibrant Aqua Eyes eyeliner from Make Up For Ever. Your eyeliner is your sword, ladies. (Some girls think they don't need schmancy beauty products, but eyeliner is surely enriching. If you have any doubts about its utility in matters of love and seduction, one need only whisper the names Elizabeth Taylor and Sofia Loren.)

The Aqua Eyes eyeliners are all fun and colorful, but the best part is that they won't budge. (I tested them at the Makeup Show New York.) I applied many of the eyeliner shades on my hand and then, tried washing the color off with Softsoap. They didn't move, streak or fade. Then, I took a shower. Still, basically the same. After tons of washing and scrubbing, the strength of the brilliant colors hardly diminished.

Surprised in a good way?

Definitely!

So before you take a dip in a pool, sweep on one of these eyeliners in Turquoise or Pistachio. And if you are really beachy and glam, you could invest in a different shade to match each of your swimsuits.

Testing the shades on my hand.


P.S. During The Makeup Show, Courtney Love's brilliant makeup artist David Hernandez wiped off dozens of eyeliners and arranged all of them to help me shoot the product display (top photo). He also has the word "Kapow" tattooed on his neck.

XOX,
Charlotte

No comments: