Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Allure E-mail to Beauty Bloggers Crossed the Line

Controversy! I just received an e-mail at 1:52 PM today from Allure's marketing department apologizing for a prior e-mail from an "advertising intern."

My guess is that Allure was uncomfortable with e-mails distributed in early and mid-April (at least, that's when I received e-mails from Allure in my inbox) inviting beauty bloggers to participate in a product sample program with a "don't ask, don't tell" policy. The April messages indicated Allure would send me beauty products but if I didn't like the stuff, as a favor I should just keep my opinion to myself.

I felt that this request was "non-traditional" (hmmm) and never responded to the invitation. Talk about strings attached!  

READ THE CONTROVERSIAL E-MAILS FROM ALLURE HERE:

E-mail to Eyeshadow Government Received Today










 E-mail Eyeshadow Government Received Mid-April






No comments: