Monday, June 13, 2011

Yum + Hearts to You + Nail Polish Smackdown

Hello darlings,

Do you ever get the urge to eat almond cookies instead of writing? I am covered in crumbs while wearing a very professional-looking jacket and I owe you 1,000 updates on life, makeup, skincare products, and other nonsense.

The Government would like to issue a formal decree though. Eyeshadow Government encourages you to express yourself to the fullest, but in the Battle of Grey Nail Polish vs. Blue Nail Polish, grey nail polish has won. I am wearing Essie nail polish in Chinchilly ($8) around the clock, and perhaps you are too? It's so au courant and feminine and fresh. 

Blue nail polish often makes Eyeshadow Government feel slightly ill and consumptive, unless the shade is an aquatic, pool-like color. I adore a light blue polish too and encourage you to embrace your inner Esther Williams. Meanwhile, the dark blue nail polish can be quite Hot Topic, especially in metallic (I grimace as I type), which is not very "moi." Perhaps it boils down to the fact that if you're going to be a rebel, you're going to need more than ugly nail polish to convince me. You will have to scratch me first!

Stay divine! Eat caviar! Avoid tiresome, uninteresting people!

XOXO,
Charlotte

No comments: