Friday, February 01, 2008

Fashion Week Madness Continues...Yowzas!

So. Like. Oh my god. I felt like I was the only person who rushed off to fashion week, as in the Mercedes-Benz New York Fashion Week, with lint in my stockings. Fashion Week is not like very "me." (I won't slice you with my eyeballs if you're wearing last season's clothing, or dorky shoes. All people with dorky shoes are nice.) B-b-b-but I was curious to see what I would find on the runways even if I was linty and poorly groomed. Most of all, I didn't want to be late!

But let's travel back in time to...yesterday. Fashion week kicked off for yours truly with a mixer for fellow, or rather sister, beauty and fashion bloggers in Soho. In other words, I got to meet many of my invisible friends in the blogosphere. Hooray! (That's me in the black patterned dress looking like Casper the ghost.) We drank white wine and cava champagne. Clear drinks help you stay invisible and ghost-like, even when mingling.



As mentioned before, this snap shows me and a lovely Team Sugar editor before I tried choking down a very bizarre hors d'oeuvre. My friend Julie hated it too. What I didn't realize is that fashion week would be so busy, this would be one of my last pieces of solid food. . .The thought is pretty frightening because, as you can see, this tidbit is smaller than my pinkie finger.

What's up next on Eyeshadow Government: I need to tell you about going, er sneaking, backstage at the runway show for Project Runway "alum" Victoria Hong. It was rad. Stay posted!

No comments: