Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Sex and the City Treasure Hunt

All the magazines have been singing, Hark Sex and the City! It took me a while to warm up to the show since it's become such a "thing." But I found out that Sarah Jessica Parker is pretty cool and old-fashioned in real life. Me too! Girlies you can laugh, but I prefer the modest cable TV version. And SJP and I have more than one thing in common.

1. I think we use the same tailor. He didn't speak much English, but I got the feeling that Miss Sarah Jessica Parker was, at least at one point in time, a customer. Her picture is hanging on the wall at the dry cleaning shop across the street from Tender Buttons on 143 E. 42nd St. (Bonus: Cross the street to buy neat enamel buttons from 19th century at Tender Buttons, and nosh on Spanish cheese from the gourmet shop next door!)


View Larger Map

2. Carrie and I go for drinks at the same hang-outs. On the TV show, the girls on Sex and the City go to The Coffee Shop in Union Square, which is coincidentally around the corner from my old job.



View Larger Map

3. I guess our similarities in lifestyle are running out since she's only, like, a millionaire....but our lives are not completely different. For example, SJP presented her clothing line Bitten last December over a private lunch at Indochine (430 Lafayette St). My new favorite drink is a prosecco-lychee cocktail which I get in Brooklyn. But Indochine serves a similar prosecco-passion fruit cocktail ($11). We're like two trains passing in the night. Sigh...

View Larger Map

No comments: