Sunday, August 07, 2011

Splendid Day by the Seaside


During the hottest weeks, wearing pounds of makeup is, for once, something that doesn't interest me.  Isn't there a cabana somewhere with my name on it? I'm off to the beach in an hour!

Dior Addict Lipstick in Granville.
To prep for my happy beach trip, I am going to slather on St. Tropez Everyday Gradual Tan for Body moisturizer ($30, Sephora) and waterproof sunblock. A salesperson at Sephora recommended the St. Tropez product. Perhaps he divined some snowy limbs were hiding underneath those black jeans? I suppose it doesn't take X-ray vision to guess my legs appear roughly as pale as ice cubes. Anyhoo, I should have begun applying the St. Tropez Gradual Tan moisturizer on Friday night. (Better late than never!)

Also, I am going to wear Chanel lipstick to the ocean, and no one can stop me. Another great lipstick to sport by the seaside: Dior Addict's Granville #621, in an enticing beige shade. If you have never heard of Granville, it's a French seaside town where the late couturier Christian Dior spent his childhood. Should you find yourself passing through the area, you could catch the exhibit "Dior, le Bal des Artistes" at his family home, now a museum, where there is also a lovely area to drink tea and look out onto the ocean.

XOXO,
Charlotte

No comments: