Thursday, July 23, 2009

Sugar, Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah, Honey, Honey

Well, I had initially planned to continue my honey experiment through the rest of the week. You'd keep on reading, right? It would be a ridiculous mini-drama.

But as much as I love being the center of attention, I just -- couldn't -- do -- it. All I could think of was that scene in The Parent Trap. Hayley Mills or one of those very innocent, cute girls (okay, thanks IMDB, it was really Joanna Barnes) wakes up in summer camp drizzled in honey, shrieking and terrified. My gut feeling about a honey mask was: Ew! Not again!

Verdict on the goo: a solid honey mask possibly improved overall tone and smoothness, but it was too hard to actually get off my face, thus causing further irritation. Also, there is the fact that the only living things I know who play with honey with their fingers are bears.

I am not a bear. Thank you my dears, but I am a lady.

Enough nonsense! Off for a wander with my parasol.

No comments: