Aaack! Or hooray! I bet your credit cards are perky from extra holiday activity, but soon your feet will be sore and abused from shop-walking, hands calloused from carrying too many bags, and hair covered in pine tree needles from lugging around all those Hannukah bushes and Christmas trees.
Nonetheless, it's all worth it because it's the holidays, and darn it, I love holiday parties, mistletoe, and pretend-snow. Here are a few super-sized, fabulous gifts to give or get or get made up in:
1. To let the races begin, we recommend Sephora's new Supermodel Kit (haha, see above). We're especially fond of this kit because it comes with the wondrous Smashbox's O-GLOW blusher, Make Up For Ever Diamond Shadow in Diamond Black for smoky eyes, apricot blush and Stila lip-gloss. Since it's all packed into one cosmetics case, the Supermodel Kit does all the thinking. Supermodels should never think anyway.
2. Add a little sparkle to the holidays with this sexy but sweet, embroidered beaded dress from Topshop.com.
3. Stocking stuffers we want: Perfumeria Gal Lip Balm sets ($18 per set, or $5.50 each) from Spain. My favorite is the Red Currant with just the right amount of shine.
4. An eyeshadow to match every outfit is our version of paradise on earth. Sephora's triple-decker Blockbuster Beauty Palette has 64 eyeshadows, 32 lipsticks, blushes galore, and enough makeup to last you from here until next year. Make mom proud and wear all of them at once.
5. Don a folk-art inspired dress, and maybe someone will give you a fruit cake too. Free People's Bird of Paradise frock is funky for warmer, West Coast holiday parties, and any party where you know there are going to be too many people in the room to bother with mittens.
6. Yes, you're young and fabulous now....me too. So glad we have so many things in common already.
It's just that when the wind whips across your face or egg nog leaves you wondering what happened, you might give this anti-aging moisturizer, Clarins' Generation 6 Serum, a roll. Normally, I'm like "me, old, what?" but as a spring chicken, still me like...Clarins Generation 6, loaded with botanical ingredients, could also be a luxurious, holiday present.
7. This minimalist, dual-tone scoop-neck dress by DKNY makes me want to be Donna Karan. She was a bit tough on the contestants on America's Top Runway. Even so, I'm sure they coached her, so I would still wear her dresses any day of the week. (Hint! Hint!)
Buy it: Sephora Supermodel Kit ($59), Sephora; Embroidered Bead Dress (75 pounds), Topshop; Perfumeria Gal ($18 set, $5.50 single), Beautyhabit.com; Free People Bird of Paradise Dress ($138), Free People; Clarins Generation 6 ($90), Sephora; Donna Karan Sleeveless Scoop Dress ($119), www.dkny.com;