Wednesday, June 13, 2012

You Are What You Eat

I am shifting gears lately and pressing myself to be more conscious of what I eat and my general lifestyle. I really don't want to consume food that is overly processed or just empty calories. I have never been a huge soda drinker, but I have been drinking it more often in recent months. The only bubbly drinks I want to have are kombucha, sparkling water, sparkling juice and, well, champagne.

As for food, I ate whole wheat pasta and a delicious spelt salad today, but what happened to my veggies? I will be making sure to eat vegetables and fruit much more often. I have this weird quirk that I enjoy eating kale for breakfast because it gives me a boost of energy, but I don't do it often enough. Today, I ate sweet Canadian frozen blueberries instead of drinking caffeinated tea and I think it gave me a similar jolt. Skipping black tea also meant that I didn't need to pour any type of sugar into a liquid-filled mug because I was high on fruit sugars. The only dangerous part of eating frozen blueberries is it can stain your lips and make it look like you been drinking wine for breakfast (not ideal for that 9:00 AM meeting or if you're in school, math class!). As hobo chic is not my thing, I brushed my teeth and my lips thoroughly after devouring the berries.

Also, in terms of my fitness goals, I will be jogging, swimming and/or dancing every day. I wrote it down so it's got to be true! (Wish me luck!)

No comments: