Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Beach Daze

My St. Tropez?  Rockaway Beach. You do what you gotta do in this city.
On Monday, I went to the beach with my cousin Katherine and her boyfriend. We didn't hang out in the sun too long. I wore Vichy Soft Sheer Sunscreen Lotion in SPF 60 for sensitive skin on my face and Coppertone sunscreen on the rest of my body. Both types were broad spectrum sunscreens with UVA and UVB protection. I am kind of like a porcelain doll who sits in a box in an attic all day long typing, so I'm really glad I didn't burn!


I should go to the beach every day.

Other beachgoers.

My cousin Katherine in her Carrera sunglasses.

I tote my sunscreen, books & a light cotton shirt to cover up in a shopping bag from Uniqlo. I'm low maintenance.
If you're like me and always pulling your locks back, let your hair down by the sea.
I really like this sunscreen for sensitive skin. You can purchase this Vichy sunscreen for $30 at Drugstore.com.


Remember that you should apply sunblock to dry skin at least 30 minutes before exposure to the sun, and if you forget, make sure to put it on as soon as you hit the sand. Don't be afraid to get started on the subway if you're a city girl like me. No one cared when I put on sunscreen on the A train! Also, you absolutely must reapply waterproof sunblock after a dip in the ocean. These lotions are not magic superglue, even if you swim as gracefully as Esther Williams.

XOXO!

No comments: